- 1 Download
- 2 Buttons and their functions
- 3 Options
- 4 Translation into other languages
- 5 Version history
- 6 See also
The add-on was known as "MagicSLR" until version 4.0.1 and has now been renamed to "Get/Send Button", because all functionality to send later was removed. The button still allows the manual sending of messages from the outbox, but messages are no longer sent automatically at the end of the program. The add-on now focuses on its original basic function.
The download can be found on "ATN (addons.thunderbird.net)": Download
2 Buttons and their functions
The current version offers you several buttons which you can insert into Thunderbirds main toolbar.
You will find the following buttons provided by this add-on:
2.1 In the main window (3-Pane-Window)
This button contains all the important functions which can be accessed via the context menu (by clicking on the small arrow). What should happen when clicking on the button itself, you can configure. Go to Extras ➔ Add-ons... ➔ Extensions, select "Get/Send Button" and right-click. In the context menu, select Settings....
This button corresponds to the menu entry File ➔ Send messages from Outbox . A click on it sends all messages that have been stored in the outbox. You can place the button either in the normal functions toolbar or in the title bar at the top:
In the main toolbar:
In the title bar:
To configure the Get/Send button and set the behavior for outbox messages, go to Tools ➔ Add-ons... ➔ Extensions, select Get/Send Button and click on Settings....
3.1 Button Functions
- Clicking on the Get/Send button retrieves messages from all accounts or just the current account, depending on the setting. You can also set whether to retrieve accounts whose passwords have not yet been saved. The missing passwords will be asked for if necessary. If you select by default that messages should only be retrieved from Current Account, you can still later use Shift + Click to get messages from all accounts.
- For the button Get/Send you can also set that it also sends all messages from the Outbox (and only then does the button actually call Get/Send). Sending can be suppressed as of version 3.3 if you hold down the Ctrl (or Cmd on macOS) button when clicking the button.
4 Translation into other languages
4.1 Supplied languages
The add-on has been translated into about 25 languages so far. But some translations are not completely up to date.
4.2 Create and improve translation
Translations of the add-on to other languages can be created and improved on the BabelZilla translation platform.
5 Version history
5.1 Version 5.3.1
- Icon of the "Send all" button is now displayed again in the Customize dialog of the toolbar in Thunderbird 60 Beta and newer.
5.2 Version 5.3
- Supports Thunderbird versions 58+ (add-on settings dialog).
- New, additional SVG icon in the button's drop-down menu. This is now also used as an icon for the add-on itself in Add-on Manager and AMO.
- Improvements to the CSS and icons to allow collaboration with dark "lightweight" themes. See the icon for "Send all":
Thunderbird version 52:
Thunderbird from up version 58+:
5.3 Version 5.1
- Minor internal customization to support Thunderbird from version 57+.
- The text "(reduced MagicSLR)" has been removed from the title of the add-on.
5.4 Version 5.0.3
- Bugfix: This update restores the functionality in Thunderbird 52. This was necessary because in Thunderbird 52 internally an outdated interface for accessing the settings was removed.
5.5 Version 5.0.2
- Add-on has been renamed to "Get/Send Button".
- All automatically functions to send later have been removed.
- SVG icons are used, as far as already available in Thunderbird.